Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Poetry Appeals To Me

I've always enjoyed poetry. Even as a little kid in primary school, I''d jump at any oppurtunity to write a poem. I've got books full of my short stories and poems. And I've always been proud of my work. I've written so many poems. Unfortunately I no longer have most of them, but poetry has never stopped appealing to me. I even use my poetry in songs now, for my band. They write the music, I write the words, and I've been told that my lyrics are really good. It makes me feel proud to find something I'm good at, and something that I enjoy so much. Poetry makes me happy, and not just my own. I love to spend time reading poems wherever I find them. I don't go crazy over all of them, of course, but I'm usually able to entertain myself for a while with poetry. Writing this, I realise I have really slowed down with my poetry. Apart from my songs, I haven't written anything that ryhmes for ages. But I'm going to write poems once again. It's a good hobby that I really enjoy so I'm going to keep it up. Poetry always has, and always will appeal to me. It shows me a little something of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment