Well, I've just come back from a great weekend in Tenterfield at Oracles Of The Bush. It's a sort of festival for bush poetry. My family and some family friends go every year, though there wasnt as many this time. My family didn't want to go so I went with one of our friends. Most years I like to enter the Looming Legends competition, a compettition of poetry with categories for all ages. I couldn't this year, but I still enjoyed the poetry concert and watching one of the looming legends heats. We also got a chance to climb bald rock, something that really tested my fitness!
Today was the last day of the Oracles Of The Bush weekend. This morning we went to the park for the Brekkie Brawl. The Brekkie Brawl is a fun event where we got to enjoy a hot breakfast while listening to very talented poets have a go at doing poems about very random subjects. It was part of a minor but important for me competition. Once that was over, they invited some poets to walk up and give their own poem, not part of the competition. I stepped up and had a go, as is an unofficial tradition for me. One year I had said the Ken The Rooster poem for it. This time I did another one of my own poems, which I will try to get onto my blog in another post when I can.
The whole weekend was great. I met some wonderful poets, got the autograph of one of them and listened to their great work. I also gave the blog address to one of these great poets - Gary Fogarty - and I have to admit, I felt kinda proud when he asked for the name of the blog. These bush poets are really nice people. They can come up with some really wacky, unique, funny stuff, which I always enjoy, and when they give serious poem, i listen just as hard. I will try to get some photos and possibly a video from the weekend onto my blog (when I figure out how- I'm not the most technilogical teenager I admit!). It was a really great weekend, as it always is, and I look forward to going again next year. I hope more people come to enjoy this festival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment