I have been on short supply of poems lately. I've needed to write one for the Dorethea Mackeller Awards, also need one to enter the Oracles Of The Bush, then I need to write one to enter a competition based on smiling, plus my friends from my band want to do a song for the smile competition, so I'll need to write lyrics for that too. But I'm not too worried. I enjoy this type of work, and as soon as inspiration hits me, I'm sure the words will come pouring out.
That's the thing about my poetry. If I don't have inspiration, I just sit there. I think... and think... and think... and I write a few ideas down, then cross them out... then think some more... you get the idea. So anyway, I just have to be patient, and then out of nowhere, BOOM another masterpiece. Well ok, not masterpiece obviously, but when the ideas come rolling in and I write them down, I have to admit I'm usually proud of my work. I have to say, I'd like some of that inspiration soon. Those comps DO have deadlines...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW U REALY r intressted in poetry
ReplyDelete:~). HOPE u find your insperation
Daniel